Small businesses and non-profits:
- DURING CORONAVIRUS, SOME PRO-BONO LEGAL ASSISTANCE WITH RELIEF PROGRAMS AND EMPLOYEE MATTERS .
- Strategic planning and risk assessment.
- Contracts (including reviewing, negotiating and drafting a full-range of operational, marketing, transactional and financing agreements).
- Statutory and regulatory compliance (including mandated and advisable policies and practices in employment and other areas).
- Entity structure and governance (including board, trustee and officer duties).
- Managing litigation
- FERPA, IEPs, student discipline, withdrawal and expulsion issues. Trained in Title IX.
- CRA proceedings in juvenile court
Unique and Valuable Experience in Law and Education
- Over 20 years practicing business and non-profit law, including at the Boston law firm of Hutchins and Wheeler and as general counsel at publicly-traded company.
- Over 15 years working in education including as a consultant counseling young adults on positioning themselves to meet their educational and career goals and within schools as a Department Chair, teacher, coach and member of myriad policy committees and helping the schools meet internal and external challenges.
- Boston College Law School, J.D. cum laude
- Williams College, B.A., Political Economy, cum laude